With Roland Haas from 02. Septembert to 09. September 2017
Mountains and painting in the mountains require a certain amount of preparation. Bring yourself “bodily” and all things “painterly” will be delivered to you on location! During this painting week we will engage ourselves with the striking appearances of high mountain ranges and their structures, and also the charming Maisäß cottages, so as to study the use of representational perspective. The painterly Alpine region that surrounds Gargellen offers the best prerequisites for this course and are made easily available by means of walking trails. Using watercolors outdoors, under the special weather conditions of the high alps, hold an exceptional attraction for the painter. One to two hour hikes for creative and climatic preparation belongs likewise to the program as well as evening painting discussions. Please don’t forget good climbing boots and a backpack. Max.12 participants.
The creative week package includes:
7 day half board, 6 day creative course and diversified additional services
Roland Haas, Mag. Art.
born 1958, lives and works in Schruns
- 1978-84 Akademie der Bildenden Künste in Vienna. Studied “Bildnerische Erziehung” (art education degree extensive study in painting), “Werkerziehung” (art education degree extensive study in handcrafts ) and “Malerei” (painting) with the professors A. Lehmden, G. Hessing, F. Hundertwasser and E. Köb. Teacher’s certificate in painting instruction and handcrafts instruction as well as a diploma in painting.
- 1994-96 and since 2000 artistic director of the painting academy Schloss Goldegg
- 1995 Founder of the Art Forum Montafon (artistic director) since 1998 director of the SilvrettAteliers
- 1999 Participant in the 7th Painter Symposium of the Alpine Center at Rudolfshütte
- 2001Guest lecturer on the Glasell School of Art, Houston, Texas Guest Studio in Atlin, BC (Canada)
- 2004 Guest Studio Carthusian monastery Ittingen (Switzerland)
- Numerous prizes, contracts, national/international participation in exhibitions and group shows.
- Publication of several illustrated books, amongst others: “Montafon- Aquarelle” (1994), “Landschaftssequenzen” (1995), “oben und unten” (1998).
- Many educational journeys amongst others: from Spits Bergen, Greenland and Iceland over to Paris, Tuscany, Crete and Azores to Peru, Nepal, New Zealand, Patagonia and to the Antarctic. Since 1983, has held aquarelle seminars on various topics as well as leader of painting journeys in many Mediterranean countries.